Age UK North South and West Dorset is an independent local charity which aims to help older people live happier, more independent lives. With building work nearing completion, our Poundbury offices can now provide a warm friendly environment for weekly groups to come together and connect. Could you help us to run an activity? Some ideas are listed below; if you think you could help with any of these or have your own ideas, please get in touch.
- Book Club coordinator: Do you enjoy reading? Would you be happy to share this with others?
- Art or Craft Workshops Leaders: Do you have a creative skill to share? We have a designated space and can provide the materials.
- Technology and Computer Classes: Could you teach people how to use smartphones, tablets, or computers?
- Historical or Cultural Groups: Explore local history, art, or culture together through conversation, photographs or film clips.
- Music and Singing Group: Have you considered organising a group where members can sing, play instruments, or simply enjoy listening to music together?
- Memory Sharing Group: Could you encourage members to share their life stories, experiences, and wisdom with one another?
- Games Club: Do you have a couple of hours a week to host a games club in the new space? Bridge, Chess, Dominoes, or something entirely different?
As well as activities at our new community hub, we are also looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- The Evergreens Allotment– We have recently acquired an allotment in Dorchester- could you help us get it ready for our clients to enjoy?
- Administrative Support: Can you help with tasks like answering phones, data entry, filing, and other administrative duties. Even someone to call in and pick up/ deliver our outgoing mail would be so helpful!
- Event Planning or support: Jannine, Our Fundraising Manager is always looking for support. Whether you can hold a stand at a supermarket foyer, attend fundraising events, deliver promotional materials in your local area, or run a bake sale. Your input is invaluable!!
- Fundraising: Are you able to assist us in grant applications we have a list of funding opportunities we’d like to investigate further.
- Public Relations and Marketing: Could you help with social media management, website maintenance, graphic design, and other marketing-related tasks?
- Support at our social groups, such as the Dorchester coffee group, and various CST (Dementia Therapy groups)
If you think you can offer us some time and expertise, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Kathy at email@example.com or phone 01305 231 382