Jubilee on the Great Field
- 12 noon onwards live music
- Bring picnics/blankets/tables and chairs/sun or rain umbrellas!
- Craft activities for families including make a crown and creative clay
- There will be a Jubilee trail around the Great Field for all to enjoy. There will be clues to solve, things to spot and draw and prizes to be won!
- 2.30pm judging of best hat competition with prizes for all ages, including over 80s; Best dressed dog/ best decorated collar and lead for our canine friends
- 3.30pm Cutting and distribution of Jubilee cake
- Exhibition in the community room of memories of the coronation and other Jubilees by Poundbury and Dorchester residents throughout the Jubilee weekend. Please get in contact if you would like to contribute your memories and photos for inclusion to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibition of Art works by children of Damers First school under the theme of ‘It’s up to you’
- Casterbridge Art Society and University of the Third Age will be capturing the day in paint and pencil and the pictures will be exhibited in PiP’s following the weekend.
Call for volunteers We will need volunteers to help run the activities and help us ensure that the day of FREE entertainment runs smoothly. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any ideas or would like to help in any way. WE NEED YOU! We hope to have arial pictures of the grand tea party and love anyone with drone experience to get in contact with email@example.com Café and loos open for all refreshments including ice-creams as usual.