How to join Neighbourhood Watch in Poundbury
By joining the Neighbourhood Watch you can:
- Get to know the area and help to make it safer for your family
- Get to know neighbours, reduce loneliness and improve your social life
- Gain experience in volunteering and learn new skills such as;
- Managing a group
- Applying for funding and managing a budget
- Negotiation and influencing people
- Public speaking
- Working in partnership with other organisations
- You may also get a discount on your house insurance
- Many employers actively seek out candidates who have experience in volunteering and these are valuable skills to add to your CV
Neighbourhood Watch can:
- Reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- Help reassure those who are lonely or live in fear of crime
- improve community spirit
How does it work?
Your neighbours will be likely to notice a suspicious person at your door or window, especially if they think you are out. Neighbourhood Watch can reduce crime by:
- Increasing surveillance in an area – residents are extra “eyes and ears” for you and the police
- Reporting suspicious behaviour that may lead to crime
- Residents working together to solve problems
Neighbourhood Watch works in partnership with other organisations such as the police, local authorities and charity organisations.
How can I join?
Go to the Neighbourhood Watch website and enter your post code to search for scheme in your area of Poundbury.