For young people, getting exam results can be a stressful time, and it’s normal to experience thoughts and feelings of anxiety and overwhelm. For some, this life event can be a challenging time for their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
If your child has any worries or concerns over their exam results, or they are struggling with their mental health, there are organisations they can talk to – without judgement.
- Samaritans – on-hand to listen 24/7 – call 116 123
- Connection – Dorset’s NHS mental health helpline – call 0800 652 0190
- Text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258 for confidential support via text message
- Chat online – visit www.kooth.com
- The Mix – support through 1-2-1 chat, helpline or email
- ChildLine – call 0800 1111, chat online or email
If your young person is yet to receive their exam results and they are feeling anxious and nervous, Young Minds has some tips to help.
Information provided by Public Health Dorset.